Friday, March 9, 2012

Sons of Anarchy: 7 Items to Anticipate in Season 5

Jeffrey Ross Comedy Central has purchased a brand new series calledThe Burn, starring comedian Jeffrey Ross, the network introduced Wednesday.You most likely know Ross because the callous leader of Comedy Central's infamous celebrity roasts, however the so-known as Roastmaster General is growing his scope. Within the weekly show, that is set to premiere this summer time, Ross will require on (and most probably annihilate) the week's hot subjects and current occasions with the aid of fellow comics. Browse the relaxation of present day news"Thanks Comedy Central," Ross stated inside a statement. "My mission is obvious. To tear the planet a brand new a--hole one crack at any given time. I can not wait to obtain began."The network also introduced the pick-from two other original series: Review with Forrest MacNeil, a starring Eastbound & Down's Andrew Daly, and Nathan For You Personally, starring author-comedian, Nathan Fielder. Both half-hour comedies are slated to premiere in 2013.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jean Dujardin or Happy Joe Lucky: Which Has the child-Pleasingest Cigarettes?

This new Funny or Die bit featuring reigning Oscar king Jean Dujardin pushing a imaginary model of cigarettes inside the suavest, most charming and youth-enticing way possible is rather good ("Now in Cotton Chocolate and Peanut Bar!" I LOL'ed). Still, if the involves animated/live-action smoke pushers, Dujardin and also the partner in crime have pretty formidable competition inside the infamous Happy Joe Lucky. Right lower for the accordions! Who's got the child-pleasingest cigarettes around? Dujardin's video needs a surf the YouTube wilds, where we uncover the animated Lucky Strike mascot dueting along with your Hit Parade star Gisele MacKenzie. The amount of a period! Smoke in the event you got Them! BRB, etc. Jean Dujardin's Cigarettes from Jean Dujardin Follow S.T. VanAirsdale on Twitter. Follow Movieline on Twitter.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blizzard Entertainment to cut 600

"World of Warcraft" creator Blizzard Entertainment, which had been immune from broad staff cuts throughout its 20+ year existence, announced plans Wednesday to slash 600 positions from its payroll. Roughly 60 of those jobs will affect game developers, with the rest coming from other divisions. While the company did not specify precisely where it will trim the extra workers, industry observers expect the majority to come from the customer service unit. "Over the last several years, we've grown our organization tremendously and made large investments in our infrastructure in order to better serve our global community," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment in a statement. "However, as Blizzard and the industry have evolved we've also had to make some difficult decisions in order to address the changing needs of our company." Activision-Blizzard, the parent company of the Blizzard studios, said accounting changes from the cuts are not expected to be material and were included in its 2012 financial outlook. Blizzard's "World of Warcraft" is a multi-billion dollar franchise, but is no longer growing as it enters its eighth year. Between the fourth quarter of 2010 and fourth quarter of 2011, the game's subscriber count fall by roughly 2 million. And while "WoW" is still far and away the leading massively multiplayer title on the market that atrophying player base is suspected to be the prime cause for the layoffs. Blizzard took pains to note, however, that the "World of Warcraft" team would not be impacted by the cuts. "'Warcraft' was a money machine for many, many years," says John Taylor of Arcadia Research. "The subscription numbers peaked out and have been eroding over the last several quarters. My sense is they took a pretty good look a their expense structure that they didn't need to worry about previously and decided to tighten things up a bit." Blizzard has a full slate of games under development, with several due out this year - including the highly anticipated "Diablo III". A sequel to the popular "Starcraft" series is also likely. Further down the path is a project codenamed "Titan," the company's next big massively multiplayer game. And despite the drop in customers, "World of Warcraft" is still far and away the leader in the online gaming universe. According to the most recent numbers provided by Blizzard, it has 10.2 million active players - and has yet to fully expand into China (an area where it's expected to make tens of millions of dollars). There really hasn't been a viable competitor to the game to date, but many are keeping an eye on EA's recently launched "Star Wars: The Old Republic". That game sold more than 1 million copies in its first week and has seemingly captured the public's interest, due to a combination of gameplay and love of the "Star Wars" franchise. Players immersed themselves in the game for an average of five hours per day - logging some 28 million hours in the first 10 days. Contact the Variety newsroom at news@variety.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster Circle Peter Bergs Lone Survivor; Emmett/Furla Financing For Universal

EXCLUSIVE: Emmett/Furla Films is coming aboard to finance Lone Survivor, and director Peter Berg is in talks with Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch and Ben Foster to play three of the four lead Navy SEALs. Universal Pictures, which developed the movie, will distribute. An adaptation of the book by Marcus Luttrell, Lone Survivor tells the harrowing story of how Luttrell and his Navy SEAL team members fought to stay alive after being ambushed in Afghanistan in 2005 by Taliban forces during a covert mission in the Hindu Kush mountain region, where the team went to kill a terrorist leader. Wahlberg will play Luttrell in Berg’s followup to Battleship, which stars Kitsch. Berg and Universal first began developing the project at Universal when the filmmaker signed on for Battleship. At the time, movies with sand in them and war weren’t working, but the opening-weekend grosses of Act Of Valor indicate that audiences are once again hungry for heroic war tales, especially those involving Navy SEALs. Kathryn Bigelow and Sony Pictures are getting underway with a drama revolving around the Navy SEAL Team 6′s hunt and killing of 9/11 terror attack mastermind Osama bin Laden. Lone Survivor is a different film, but it is expected to get underway this fall. Berg and Film 44 partner Sarah Aubrey, Akiva Goldsman, Barry Spikings will be producers as well as Randall Emmett and George Furla. Wahlberg will likely be involved in a producing capacity also. Berg, who covered the Middle East terrain previously with the taut drama The Kingdom, has put in the work on this one. He wrote the Lone Survivorscript after embedding with a SEAL team for a month in Iraq, an experience that really gave him a chance to see how they do their job. Berg wanted to make the film immediately, but two years ago the studio made him a bargain: direct Battleship and then follow with Lone Survivor. The timing hasn’t hurt, at all. Bin Ladens death has cleared the way for this, a movie that will be an unapologetically patriotic film that honors and pays homage to an incredible group of badass guys who do this,” Berg told me last May. “The film will be a bit like Black Hawk Down, but it will focus on the quartet, which is fewer guys than that film. The mission was similar to the assassination mission that got bin Laden, but things got complicated when they ran into three kids and an old man, Berg told me. Under the rules of engagement, they could have killed them, but they decided to let them go and take their chances, even though they knew these people would likely talk. Shortly after, the mission had to be aborted when the SEALs found themselves under fire from about 250 Al-Qaeda soldiers. When the dust cleared and after a rescue helicopter was blown up by a rocket-propelled grenade, 15 SEAL members were killed, and the lone survivor was Luttrell. A massive land assault was carried out, but by then Marcus was brought to shelter by an Afghan tribe that fought off the Taliban until Luttrell could be rescued, Berg said. The teams leader, Mike Murphy, was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. This puts Emmett/Furla Films principals into yet another major feature. They are prepping 2 Guns with Denzel Washington and Wahlberg for Universal; the Sylvester Stallone-Arnold Schwarzenegger-starrer The Tomb for Lionsgate/Summit; the romantic comedy Rule #1, with Reese Witherspoon; the action/thriller Empire State starring Dwayne Johnson; and Lucky Strike, which is in discussions to star Vince Vaughn and be directed by Tony Scott, with EFF producing with Scott Free Productions. EFF just wrapped the thriller Broken City with Wahlberg, Russell Crowe and Catherine Zeta-Jones, which Fox will release in January; the Stephen Frears-directed comedy Lay The Favorite with Bruce Willis, Rebecca Hall, Zeta-Jones and Vaughn, which The Weinstein Company acquired after its Sundance premiere; the thriller Frozen Ground with John Cusack, Nicolas Cage and Vanessa Hudgens; the drama Fire With Fire with Josh Duhamel, Willis and Rosario Dawson; the action-thriller Freelancers with Robert De Niro, Forest Whitaker and Curtis 50 Cent Jackson; and the David Ayer-directed mystery crime thriller End Of Watch, which recently scored a $2 million advance and $20 million P&A commitment from Open Road.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Fox swaps 'Touch,' 'Bones' on sked

'Touch'Fox has shuffled its previously announced midseason schedule, switching nights for new drama "Touch" and returning series "Bones." "Touch," which was originally scheduled for Mondays at 9 p.m. starting March 19, has been sent packing to Thursday at the same time beginning March 22. On April 2, "Bones" will move to Mondays at 8 p.m., sending "House" to 9. The shifts should offer a less competitive timeslot for "Touch," which got off to a promising start with a preview airing last month. Now instead of going up against "Two and a Half Men," "Dancing With the Stars" and "The Voice," "Touch" will get a relatively easier berth at 9 p.m. as well as a much stronger lead-in courtesy "American Idol." "Touch" won't have to face CBS rookie drama "Person of Interest" in its premiere as the Eye will be airing March Madness basketball action that night. "House," which has less to lose against the tough Monday competish given the network recently decided the medical drama will end its run this season, gets a two-hour sendoff on May 21. In addition, Fox announced it would push back its 25th anniversary special from April 1 to April 22. Contact Andrew Wallenstein at andrew.wallenstein@variety.com

Chapel forms phone-hacking suit

LONDON -- News Intl. has decided to pay 600,000 ($951,000) in damages and charges to Welsh singer Charlotte now Chapel and her parents to stay their phone-hacking situation from the defunct News around the globe newspaper. This is among the biggest pay outs yet published, which reflects the truth that Chapel would be a teen when her voicemail message was frequently compromised, and also the lengthy time period that the offences happened. Church's situation is especially sensitive for News Corp., the U.S. parent of News Intl., because reviews emerged that Glenn Mulcaire, the private eye who compromised her phone for that News around the globe, also had the U.S. mobile phone amounts of her La agent and her NY publicist in the notes. It's not known whether their phones were compromised. But when such evidence emerges, it might lay News Corp. available to a wider FBI probe of their activities on U.S. soil. Speaking outdoors London's High Court on Monday, Chapel stated, "What I have found because the lawsuit went on has sickened and disgusted me. Nothing was considered not allowed by individuals who went after me and my loved ones, just to earn money for any multinational corporation." Church's situation stated that 33 articles in news reports around the globe were caused by journalists or researchers unlawfully hacking into her family's voicemails between 2002 and 2006. The newspaper used information acquired to pressure Church's mother into co-operating by having an article about her suicide attempt. News Intl. designed a public apology included in the settlement, 1 / 2 of which provides coverage for the Chapel family's legal costs. But Chapel stated, "Regardless of the apology that the newspaper just given, these folks were prepared to visit any measures to avoid me subjecting their behavior. They aren't truly sorry. They're just sorry they were given caught." Contact the range newsroom at news@variety.com

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Actor-kaira Pitt Joins Edgar Wright For 'Night Stalker'

It seems such as the Actor-kaira Pitt and Edgar Wright may be joining around search the supernatural in Disney's adaptation of two 1970's telepics as well as the ABC series "Kolchak: The Evening Stalker." Deadline reviews that Depp would potentially star as Carl Kolchak in "The Evening Stalker." He's a hardboiled reporter who occupies tales that police doesn't desire to touch. A lot of the cases inside the original tales involved monstrous creatures like vampires of the underworld from the underworld and zombies, but Kolchak also looked into the dark arena of wizards together with other occult mysteries. While using "Take advantage of in the Dead" director usually obtaining a submit the writing side of his projects, it is always good to find out Disney hands this responsibility to Wright. No scribe remains named yet, though. The awesome stylings in the director and Depp needs to be fascinating to check out. Ultimately anticipate more news relevant for this inspired collaboration, mind past the break for phone relaxation from the week's horror news. Popular Manga Tale 'Bleach' Getting American Adaptation Fans of Tite Kubo's manga/anime tale "Bleach" will probably be visiting a u . s . states adaptation from Warner Bros. soon. The studio has acquired the rights for the story which is setting "Wrath in the Leaders" scribe Serta Mazeau for the task of revamping it. The film follows teen Ichigo who is able to see ghosts. A malevolent spirit known to like a Hollow attacks his family, as well as the youthful guy becomes a Hollow hunter trading his existence to safeguarding the innocent and helping tortured souls find peace inside the afterlife. Typically the most popular story remains modified for videogames, purchasing and selling cards, musicals, plus much more. Can Warner Bros. find the appropriate combination of the supernatural, action, and comedy to make a worthy remake? Will the casting of that certain be another "Akira?" The 'Demonologist' Fights Fiends from Hell "Towards the near futureInch director Robert Zemeckis finds his new creating project in "Demonologist." Universal snapped up within the story, which evolves from the novel put together by Andrew Pyper. It makes sense a professor that's been looking in the epic John Milton poem "Paradise Lost." He accepts a free of charge trip to Italia, but while there a demonic spirit "appears to kill his daughter." The professor embarks around the dark journey to be able to save her within the wicked organizations. Will the studio be careful causeing this to be the next "Da Vinci Code," or would they make the horror entirely pressure? Vampires of the underworld from the underworld on the flight in 'Night Wings' We've had "Snakes on the flight,Inch but get ready for vamps traveling the friendly skies. THR is verifying the "Fright Evening-esque" story is along the way from Ember Entertainment. The business remains granted distribution rights for "Evening Wings." Each time a 12-year-old boy takes a redeye flight, he soon discovers that might be bloodsucking vampires of the underworld from the underworld throughout him. He tries to convince the crew the vamps are saved to-board from Romania, just one passenger thinks him. The guy also is undoubtedly a mourning father, seeking revenge in the vamp clan. Syfy author Paul Birkett and visual effects producer Dusan Strugar are concentrating on that certain which hopefully means these vampires of the underworld from the underworld will truly constitute the terrifying variety rather than the romantic version we've been getting plenty of lately. Disney Comprises a Creature Feature Disney as well as the author behind fright movies like "The Ring" and "Scream 4" are merging for just about any creature feature. The Jesse Duck studio has wanted to make a project connected utilizing their theme park ride, The Matterhorn. They're striving with an adventure story and possess due to the task to first-time director John Beletic. Justin Springer ("Tron Legacy") will probably be creating. Five adventure people plus a travel guide, a cartographer, some slack artist, a significant sports enthusiast, plus an archeologist mind for the Alps "for mysterious reasons" and face several yetis (think mountain dwelling Bigfoot creatures) safeguarding a secret. Yetis make everything better, so here's wanting Disney allows its team to see within the gnarly beastie position. Amanda Seyfried Evades Abductors in 'Gone' Yesterday we learned that Red-colored-colored Riding Hood actress Amanda Seyfried features a taxidermy collection, which made us love her a lot more. Her new movie "Gone" opens tomorrow. Seyfried stars just like a youthful women trying to flee abduction, haunted with the kidnapping of her sister couple of years earlier. Getting evaded capture before, she thinks the mysterious abductor has go back to complete the job, but nobody will believe her. Give consideration towards the actress discuss the film on Dread Central. Reveal everything you consider this week's Horror Bites inside the comments and also on Twitter!